Thursday, February 3, 2011

The menu planning is going...(an update on our family's journey to healthy and organized!)

Pretty well.  It is nice to be able to answer the question "What's for dinner?"  And although I have not seen a huge difference in our grocery bill it self, I do make less trips to our small town grocery store during the week.  Occasionally we will run out of a staple like this week it was peanut butter and canola oil.  And since we were "snowed in" Wednesday I took the time to meal plan for the next 2 weeks.  When I make my grocery trip this time tomorrow it will be for 2 weeks, scary and exciting.  Scary are the what ifs, what if i forget something what is I make something and we hate it ( hence there will be another meal to prepare, this has happened before).  Exciting the chance to have a Friday afternoon where I do not have to make a trip 25 minutes  away during my son's jaunt to pre-k!  I also am 100% sure the meal planning has helped tremendously with the snacking, I plan only for the good stuff and when I want something that is all that is there becuase I don't buy antyhing that is not on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment