Friday, January 21, 2011

Fabo Friday Foods: Part 1

As many of you know life with kids is crazy and Friday we try and kick back and relax.  However, we have already had leftover night by this point (so we have room in the fridge for groceries!) So I always try and cook something not so complicated.  Before the health changes I would have grabbed a frozen pizza, so the 1st Fabo Friday food to make over ~ pizza!

Crescent Pizza Rolls
1 package of crescent rolls
5 tablespoons plus a tsp. of ready-made spaghetti sauce
1 cup of Kraft - Natural Shredded Cheese - Mozzarella Fat Free
24 turkey pepperoni
Veggie topping of your choice, zucchini are great, spinach, mushrooms, onions, all my fave!
Serves 4
Serving size 2 rolls
Calories 252 Carbs 26 Fat13 Protein 9 Fiber1
First you want to preheat the oven to 350.  Unroll the crescents as you normally would (I stretch them out a little to make more space for filling).  I use 2 teaspoons of sauce and it more than covers the crescents, I chop the pepperoni, add the veg and then the cheese.  Then you want to roll the crescents according to directions, these usually take 12-15 minutes.  I prepare a small salad and enjoy!  These are also great for football parties and you can make these ahead of time and freeze for lunches!

1 comment: